As a consequence of Canada’s social distancing efforts, many industries have been disrupted. You or a member of your household may have experienced a job loss or other forms of financial instability as a result. This page provides links to various resources and programs offered to help mitigate financial hardship during this time.
For students of Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- This link takes you KPU’s department of Student Awards and Financial Assistance. Through this department, you can access financial advisors, student awards, and student financial aid. For more information, contact a Financial Aid Officer.
- This is a government website that provides links to all the various financial supports offered to help individuals and businesses during the COVID crisis.
- This is a government webpage the summarizes the benefits and services provided by the federal government for people and businesses during the COVID crisis
- This is the government website through which you apply for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
- Government forms can be tricky. This resource was independently created by a citizen to guide people through the process of applying for EI in BC during the COVID pandemic
- The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) is offering loans to small businesses to support them during the COVID crisis. This may be of benefit if you or someone you know runs a small business that needs financial assistance during these times.